As Chair of the Professional Recognition and Qualifications Committee, I have helped develop a set of goals and actions to protect against attacks on our professionalism.
Some of the actions being pursued are:
- Defining the meaning of a professional and professional Integrity and publishing and enshrining it in collective agreements
- Advocating against De-professionalization and working with bargaining groups (NR, CS and others) to come up with common strategies
- Champion Career and Professional Development for
- Continuing professional education;
- Maintaining professional designation or licensure and;
- Soft skills (leadership, effective speaking, etc.)
- Strengthening our linkages both internal and external to PIPSC.
These actions are key to fight against continued attacks on our professionalism, such as Artificial Intelligence and Contracting Out.